Thursday, August 2, 2012

Unnecessary Post

As I heard one of our cats playing with some marbles from my son's new marble playset, a terrifying thought occurred to me.

What if our cat, whose name is actually Marbles, choked herself into kitty heaven on one of these marbles?!  First of all, I would feel terrible, although slightly psychic.  Secondly, I would feel like a completely horrible pet owner.

How would the conversation at the vet's office even go?

Vet:  Soooooo.....her name is Marbles?
Me:  Yes....
Vet:  And she....died....choking on a marble?  Is that right?
Me:  ......
Vet: ..........

That would be an exchange I would NOT like to have.  I'd probably just have to bury her in the backyard and call it a day.  My poor, poor Marbles.  "What a horribly strange way to go," everyone would say when they read her epitaph. 

There's lots more to write, but I'm going to shuffle off now and be a responsible pet, child, and me owner.  Because marbles rolling around on the floor are just a dumb, cartoonish trip to the ER waiting to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment