Sunday, August 23, 2009

36 Weeks: A Husband, An Active Baby and A Nursery

So, Dimas left today after being here about 5 days. On the one hand, having him here was awesome. On the other, having to say goodbye was horrible...even though I know I'll see him again in just two weeks. Something about airports and goodbyes just doesn't sit well with me anymore. There was a time when I almost felt immune to the effects of sad goodbyes, but I think I've lost my edge. Why is it that my nose cries more than my eyes do when I'm sad? It's gross.

All the sadness aside, this past week was wonderful and I couldn't have asked for a better husband. He honestly tries really hard to spoil me when he's here. He packed my lunch for me everyday since I had to work, he opened all kinds of doors for me everywhere we went, and he wouldn't let me carry a single thing. Makes me think I should be pregnant more often. Then again, alone and pregnant sucks. Not completely, but there is a lot of heavy lifting involved and a lot of doors that need opening.

Cutest thing that happened during Dimas' visit? The first night he was here, the little one was being extremely active, which is becoming a nightly ritual for him. So much so, that it really hurts! Plus it's just weird to see some pointy thing sticking out of my side. Anyway, Dimas got really close to my belly and told Ever to please calm down, among other things. And he listened! It was ridiculously cute to me....I imagined that he was in the womb and heard this thunderous new voice that made him go, "Huh? Is that you, God?"

And now for the grand finale.....the nursery is just about complete! After my sister and her boyfriend helped with the putting together of the furniture and the rearranging of things, AND the painting of his name, Dimas came and added the finishing touches. It looks great and I'm entirely pleased with the whole thing. Remember those adorably cute wall hangings I mentioned in my last post? Well, here they are in action:













And here's Dimas working hard at cute baby stuff installation:



We have so many people to thank for being able to have such a cute nursery. Which means I have a ton of thank you cards to write....eeep! :)

Now, I've thought long and hard about including a picture of my stark naked belly on here, and decided to just go ahead and do it. I apologize in advance for offending anyone...but I think it's an interesting thing to see. So, for it's first and only public viewing, here is my 36 week belly:



That's it then. Only 4 weeks left!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I didn't even know you posted this! Well you look awesome, the baby looks awesome, the baby's room looks awesome and Dimas looks like John Travolta. lol. I'm so glad he'll be there soon again and that Ever knows his Daddy's voice! Have you taken those recordings you wanted to of Dimas talking? Or will you wait till he gets there? I'm so excited to see ya'll and as hard as everything is...I guess we just have to be thankful for the days that we have and not worry about what we don't. Much easier typed than done, huh? Serrian's hungry, I guess...so gotta go but thanks for the pics and updates. Really, you look awesome and healthy and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks. And you are so right about everything you said. :) I had a dream last night we were all at this huge celebration doing some weird Dallas Cowboys conga line. Lol, and I was in my high school marching band uniform and felt entirely frumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah when you have these dreams, are you pregnant? I am in mine most of the time...and usually, it's like a bunch of fun is going on around me but I'm pregnant so...frumpy is a good word, lol. I hope we can do a Dallas Cowboys conga line someday...gosh, we are so dorky that this is possible.

    ReplyDelete