Tuesday, July 17, 2012

CD 5

To recap the last 4 days:

CD 1 - Blargh
CD 2 - Blargh!!  And "Ewwww.  Gross."
CD 3 - Started birth control pills.  Less blargh and more "OMG I'm going to throw up"

CD 4 - Another pill.  Another day of near-vomiting.  Ironically, being on birth control makes me feel very pregnant.  I called the doctor's office to try and convince them that I don't need to take them.  They didn't agree, for whatever reason....darn doctors and their "I know more about medical thingies than you do" attitude.

On that note, I had an appointment with my regular doctor yesterday, who is not my regular doctor at all since it was my first time there.  I complained about various things.  Told me not to worry about one of them (blood clots...I am terrified of getting a blood clot in my leg and ultimately dying of pulmonary embolism...it's a dumb fear, and the doctor made sure to say so in a fairly nice way).  For the other, she sent me for a chest x-ray (check!), blood work (going this morning), and an ultrasound & mammogram (going tomorrow).  Chest x-ray came out all clear, with the exception of the note: "cavum pectus deformity."  Yep, I am deformed in the pectus.  I prefer the term "pectusly challenged."  I already knew that, though, and have decided to live with it rather than try to fix it by having some doctor man stick a curved rod through my chest and twist it until my chest pops out, the way it should.  It's called "pectus excavatum," but don't look it up unless you want to see some very severe cases.  Mine is mild-ish, I think.  Poor Ever got it from me, though.  Stupid genes.  Other than looking fairly weird and making it harder for me to do healthy running things, it doesn't really get in my way.  I'm pretty sure everything else will come out A-OK and it will be much ado about nothing.

CD 5 - Today!  I'm now holding off on taking my "pill" until later in the day, so that I can eventually get to where I take it just before bed.  According to the nurse lady I spoke to, this will make me feel less horrible during the day.  I also am holding off on eating or drinking things until I get my blood work done.  Two more hours and it can not come fast enough for my poor, skinny, hungry, thirsty body.  I'm always fascinated by getting my blood drawn (except when my arm turns all crazy black and blue and threatens to fall off afterward, as happened recently) and even more fascinated by the results.  It's just cool how these tests are a snapshot of how your body's doing at any given moment.

So, this is my life at the moment, unfortunately.  Lots and lots of medical things, but we have insurance, so we may as well do everything now.  I'm getting a bit nervous for my HSG and subsequent surgery(ies), but more than that, I really just want this month to be over already.  Yesterday I told Dimas that I wanted to cancel the lot of it and just move on with my life, polyp or no polyp.  He didn't say much, but he normally doesn't have much to say about any of these things...poor guy...constantly subjected to my dumb medical things and my many, many thoughts on them.

At any rate, I'm hoping for good news in the next few days!  Here's my chest x-ray images, for your viewing pleasure!










3 comments:

  1. Sorry your bc is making you feel sick. I never heard of that. Of course I've really inquired since I've always only been on the patch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lacey....apparently they put me on a high dosage pill for whatever reason, and the nurse said what I'm feeling is very, very common and should probably go away within a month or two. Of course, I'm only taking them for a few weeks at most, so my body might not have time to adjust. On a positive note, I felt much better for most of the day yesterday. Hope you're doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh...the things you must go through for one little child. I hope those kids of yours appreciate it.:)

    ReplyDelete