Friday, February 3, 2012

Craft Night

Or, "Wait, Where Am I?  It's Dark and I'm Confused.  Why Can't I See the Mountains??  My GPS Doesn't Even Know There's a Road Here and OMG I Hate Craft Night!!!!"

*I don't hate craft night.

BUT, I do hate relying on my GPS to get anywhere.  Long story short, I got lost on my way to craft night.  Then my phone died, so I was unable to call for directions.  Why do army bases have to be laid out like this:



*Actual map of Ft. Huachuca
Red = Main Army road
Blue = Round-abouts
Purple = My attempt to find craft night















Seriously?  How does one road end up going all kinds of different directions, starting and ending randomly?  And WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE ROUNDABOUTS????!!!  I've never seen more than 2 cars at any given time, and they're all going 15 mph.  At one point, I was sure I was going to end up stuck in a ditch somewhere, naked, cold and alone.  And I was almost out of gas!

I gave up and somehow found the way off of base and came home after getting to near tears trying to find a street I was sure didn't exist.  My wonderful, very nice friend who invited me actually got to the place, turned around, and came to pick me up.

No, I wasn't proud of myself.  And yes, the street exists.  Just off of one of the round-a-bouts, as a matter of fact.

As it turned out, craft night was actually pretty delightful.  See?


I even got some contraband cookies, which was a pleasant surprise because I completely forgot about craft night and the 3 dozen cookies I was supposed to make for the cookie exchange.

Having a nice friend is good for the soul.  So is painting wooden blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment