Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day - Take Two

The rest of the day went something like this:

Starting to feel better
Playing with toy plane = progress
Valentine's Day lunch, courtesy of Dimas and On The Border.  Dimas watches TV.  Ever wears underpants.  Sorry about this one, Ever.
There was a break in Ever's fever and in the weather, so we ventured off to the cemetery.  The fever may have worn off, but the grumpiness was clearly still in effect.

Happy Valentine's Day and due date, baby girl!

The one thing we still need to do is get her permanent grave marker, but I just can not for the life of me decide what to write on it.  This is at the absolute top of my priority list now, as the temporary marker doesn't have much life left.  Sadly, a few new graves have been marked near Holly in "Babyland."


A balloon from each of us.  Ever even mustered up the strength to draw something on his for his baby sister.


"They're going to a place we don't understand" - Dimas

     It was somewhat sadder than I expected it to be - the balloon release.  Still, I'm glad we were able to visit her on such a special day.  She deserves to be celebrated.

     So, that is that.  Her due date has passed.  I was really anxious about the whole thing, but now that it's come and gone, it really wasn't so bad.  In a way, it feels like a weight, however small, has been lifted.  I don't know what else life has in store for me, but I sure am looking forward to it.  Whatever it is, I think I'm ready for it.  And Holly will always be a part of it.

I carry your heart with me
I carry it in my heart
I am never without it...
E.E. Cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment