Monday, February 6, 2012

How NOT To Get Pregnant

Sometimes I forget that having another baby is not a decision I can make alone.  There's this other person that sort of has a say in these kinds of things.

Me:  Let's try to make a baby this month!
Him:  How about we don't and say we did?
Me:  Huh?  No?  But why not?
Him:  Because you're not ready.  Duh.
Me:  But of course I am!  Don't you see this wistful look in my eyes?
Him:  .....
Me:  Plus, Ever would make a fine big brother!  Don't you think Ever would make a fine big brother?
Him:  Half-hearted "yeah."  Clearly not buying into my "do it for Ever" argument.
Me:  Bah!  I will leave and go take a shower now.

*20 minutes later*  Or 30 or whatever.  I likes me my showers.

Me:  So.....
Him:  So?
Me:  Why not?
Him:  Annoyed.
Me:  .....
Him:  Because I'm not ready.

Oh.........

Well that changes things.

No comments:

Post a Comment