Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Goodbye, Tucson. For Now...

     Ever and I are back home (again) from Tucson.  There was a lot of back and forth for awhile there, but we're both happy to be home.  Ever's curled up on the couch after his bath, holding his Dry-Dry (security blanket....very Linus from Peanuts looking thing).  I'll have to make a post about that thing someday.  It definitely has personality.

     Some highlights of the last few days, because I like writing into nothingness to no one in particular:

Got Holly's grave marker all ordered and paid-for-like!  I stayed up until 1am designing one, and when I went to the cemetery the next morning they were all...."Ummmm......sooooo.....here's this book with pre-made designs that....ummmmm....you have to choose from.  Did I say 'have to'?  Ha ha ha, silly me, I meant 'can,' but, ummmmm........just choose from the book, k thanks."  Even doing that took 2 hours and cost $700.  Tax refunds are helpful for these things, says the typical American family.  I don't.  I say, "why does a piece of rock with some words have to cost so much?"  A smaaall piece of rock.  Maybe someone can enlighten me on that one.  It wasn't everything I would've hoped for, but I think it will be okay.

     Hmmm...Ever is convinced that this here red crayon is blue.....color blind much??  Normal mother fears, I'm sure.

    We also went to the Children's Museum, where Ever did not want to have any pictures taken and barely managed a smile the entire time we were there.  Still, I took pictures and think he had an okay time:

     Oh, crap.  THOSE pictures are on my phone.  Which has limited ability to do anything cool, like upload pictures to anything, especially to a blog.  And I have no idea where my small-s-card-holder-that-can-actually-fit-my-phone's-tiny-card-into-my-computer-thing is.

     Here's a rug that I'm making out of t-shirts, instead:


     That is officially all I have for the moment.  I will probably never finish that rug, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment